<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 06, 2003

TOMORROW I THINK SHE'LL POUR A PITCHER OF WATER DOWN THE MAIL CHUTE 

Operating as a sole proprietorship is very much in my nature. So too is an inclination toward distraction, procrastination, and all-around laziness. I have weighed the advantages of the former against the pitfalls of the latter and find the scales tipping precipitously toward finding a blogmate.

So, meet Eloise. She has graciously agreed to be a guest here, and maybe a permanent one. She is less interested in politics than I am (no mean feat) but is better at keeping up with the blogosphere (a meaner feat), and she always beats me in backgammon. A former lifeguard, she has babysat for Gwyneth Paltrow (once; a very ugly baby, she reports) and served as a math tutor for the Shah of Iran's daughter (many times; it did very little good, she reports). And she spent her 16th birthday in the Plaza Hotel (yes, that Eloise).

In short, she has ideal credentials for blogging. That's what I keep telling her, at any rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment