<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 06, 2005

I'D HAVE PUT MONEY ON THE TOP FIVE 

So I get home from work, and after pouring a Manhattan (perfect, on the rocks, Maker's Mark; would've had a cherry too but we're out) and settling into my easy chair, Eloise tells me the bizarre news that Richard Gere has recorded a public service announcement on behalf of the entire world urging Palestinians to vote.

"Where did you see that?" I ask.

"Little Green Footballs," she replies.

Hmmm....

"How far into the comments before someone mentioned gerbils?" I ask.

Ctrl-F

"Number 11," she replies.

UPDATE by Eloise: my favorite gerbil gibe was comment number 44:
I believe they told RG that if he made this speech, he'd get 72 gerbils...
(Mr. Pretty Man's co-star in the PSA was the Sheik Taissir Tamimi, the head of the Islamic court in the West Bank and Gaza Strip). And yes, I know the whole gerbil story is an urban legend that lives on to supply all of us with cheap jokes, my favorite kind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment