<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 08, 2004

VOTE FOR MAYOR FOR MAYOR! VOTE FOR MAYOR FOR MAYOR! 

Presidential candidate John Kerry yesterday announced a plan to tackle our nation's rising deficits with spending caps (but the caps won't be applied to spending on health care, education, security, and Social Security). Such toughness! Kerry boasted: "When I say a cap on spending, I mean it."
Megan McArdle of Asymmetrical Information is inspired by the magic of such a plan. It exempts, in her estimation, 90% of the Federal budget. She has therefore announced, in homage:
I am halting all new spending except on food, shelter, clothing, and recreation. I will increase spending on those, partially paid for by increasing my employer's taxes, partially paid for by closing my eyes and saying "I do believe in balanced budgets" three times while tapping my heels together and visualising Tinkerbell. Unless, of course, I need to get re-elected to the position of me, in which case, well, hello Mastercard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment