<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

FLITTERPUFFERY 

The seven year old lost a tooth yesterday. Well, actually, she yanked it out and then dashed to her room to shove it under her pillow. Good pacifist that she is, I don't think she'd actually knock out her sister's tooth for the payoff (and she's watched this cautionary Powerpuff Girls episode at least ten times after all) but I was a little surprised by how cold blooded she was about it (cha-ching!). No "ick!" about all the blood yet she's usually quite squeamish.

Well, this is certainly not the first tooth loss she's suffered/enjoyed (she started first grade with the classic no-front-teeth look). She's getting to be an old pro at this, jaded enough to grill me about how this fairy business works. How do you know there's a tooth fairy?

I think I held up OK (it helped that she probably wanted me to convince her, concerned that the dollars may stop appearing if I think she no longer believes). I told her we know because there's a dollar under the pillow in the morning. She didn't ask me any more questions but apparently decided to devise an experiment of her own. She left a note along with the tooth:
Dear tooth fairy
What is your name

Love
[seven year old child]
Turns out the tooth fairy's name is Flitterpuff!

The Internet reveals still more, of course:
What does the tooth fairy do with all those teeth? There's no consensus. Terry Pratchett in Hogfather suggests they're just collected, neatly labeled and filed away in a museum-like castle. Pratchett also suggests that the tooth fairy's business involves intricate record-keeping and accounting, and says she "carries pliers – if she can't make change, she has to take an extra tooth on account." I think I'd just as soon not explain that part to kids.
I on the other hand will hold this in reserve in case any sister slugging develops.

2 Comments:

Interesting information about FLITTERPUFFERY This theme serves to educate people in their daily life, thanks to people like you we have more knowledge about this important issue.

By Anonymous Negocio Rentable, at 3:44 PM  

Very nice blog, is really interesting and fabulous
Really nice!!!

By Anonymous eco tours, at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment