<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 11, 2004

GUTS IS UGLY 

The seven year old is developing her sense of humor:
Q: Why don't skeletons go to the movies?
A: They don't have the guts.
Fortunately she's OK with my incredibly forced fake laughter (hah! hah! hah! just like that).

I keep reminding myself that at least we've advanced beyond knock knock jokes (though they have their charm, especially when the child mixes up the question and the response and then treats me like a complete imbecile for not participating as expected). I vaguely remember being fascinated by puns myself for some ugly period of time in my far away youth. But I've just got to hope that things keep improving humor-wise or I'll need to start drinking more to get in the mood (but perhaps not martinis).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment