<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 15, 2004

LILEKS 06 

There's been a recent blogospheric movement to draft Lileks for Senator. Lileks, although clearly flattered, demurred, citing:
  • His "simplistic (if correct!) view of the big issues, ... tiresomely detailed view of the small things that matter not, and no time for the big muddled middle where most of life actually takes place."
  • The icky requirement that Senators must give other Senators backrubs.
  • Existence of unspecified unclean photos of self (like this?)
  • No talent for constituent service.
To those still undeterred by this litany of incompetencies, he declared:
If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve. If mailed the paychecks nevertheless, I will cash them with a heavy heart: really, the people of Minnesota deserve so much better.

On the other hand, I would have the power to truly screw with the Bounty towel people.
And elaborated further the next day:
Please: I would rather unspool my guts with a rusty ice pick than run for any sort of office. IT’S a JOKE and I had nothing to do with it, and I don’t want this to get out of hand. So it’s a dead issue. K? K.
But no meme can ever truly die in the Blogosphere so I propose a different solution: Lileks for King. Maybe not of the entire blogosphere--we'd have a revolution on our hands--but of Right BlogLand.

Consider the advantages: No one ever runs for King, instead they're hailed as King, which seems so much more pleasant. His ability to screw with the Bounty towel people would probably be enhanced. And, the icing on the cake: Gnat would be thrilled.

Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment