<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 04, 2004

YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND! 

At the top-secret blog pow-wow on Saturday Frater Saint Paul and I agreed that we really should send Nick Coleman flowers or balloons or something with a card thanking him for the material. His recent anti-blog column is the gift that keeps on giving to those of us experiencing blogger's block.

In fact, I was feeling so grateful to the guy (the beer helped too) that I actually felt a bit sorry that no one seemed to be sticking up for the poor git. No one seemed to think he had made even a glimmer of a good point, or at least a sentence that could withstand fisking. Until now:
FWIW, Coleman was responding to some local rightwing bloggers who have, in traditional wingnut fashion, confused "humor" with repeated savage trashings of Coleman's column and person. ... .

I've feuded with some of the bloggers he was criticizing, and, frankly, they're not very principled. They belong to the "fisking" school of wingnuttery, and argue to win without regard for the truth. In short, they are hard right bloggers who take no prisoners.

Powerline, which has incomprehensibly become a heroic blog to many on the right, is a couple of local wingnuts (a banker and a lawyer) who fell into the Typegate thing at the right time and somehow came out of that manufactured brouhaha with a rep for nailing Rather's hide to the wall.

Uh, well actually, they went off on how they and their friends had proven the memos were done in MS Word, an allegation that hasn't held up well at all. But do read Powerlineblog.com. They are partisan hacks, and have a long-standing "war" with Coleman's Star Tribune that is quite one-sided (they do all the yelling, the Strib has all the facts). But their own posts reveal them far better than I can.

Turns out it's a small blogsophere after all eh, Mark Gisleson?

Readers of the "hard right bloggers who take no prisoners," aka the Northern Alliance, may remember the hilarity caused by Mr. Gisleson's classic fist-pumper:
In my heart, I still believe in revolution. In my heart, I still think I have the 'nads to put my life on the line for a cause. In my gut I think this is the only way we'll ever achieve our goals of economic and social justice. But in my head, I want to win the next election so we don't have to have a revolution
Not quite in Nick's territory, but close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment