<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 07, 2005

MAYBE THEY SHOULD ASK WHETHER THE BBC IS A POWER FOR GOOD OR ILL IN THE WORLD 

I usually think conspiracy theorists are just crazy loners who perhaps mutter to themselves and wear inappropriate clothing; I tell myself that if I see one I should just cross the street without attracting its attention. So it kind of blows my world view when I discover that the BBC is egging them on in its exploration of how the US base at Diego Garcia managed to avoid casualties in last week's horrific tsunami:
Is America a power for good or ill in the world? Was there a malign hand at work, or has America's role in the crisis in fact been a model of humanitarian leadership.

Let us know what you think. Is this just anti-US sentiment on the web or something more worrying?
(Via Natalie Solent at Biased BBC).

Makes our local rag seem the model of moderate reasonableness by comparison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment