<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 13, 2005

EXCUSES GALORE 

No posting today (what else is new). House guests. They're driving up from Chicago and just called from the road. They're only an hour away. I didn't expect them until dinnertime, as they have three kids and I judge everything by my own poky family's timetable.

There's a parade of Barbie paraphenalia in the living room, baskets of laundry waiting to be folded, and not enough milk. Eek!

I assure you, I would have had something brilliant, or uproariously amusing, to say if only my day had unrolled as planned. Plus there's no possibility of redemption tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be all dense and inert as we have to introduce our friends to our recently-installed wet bar tonight.

Well, it's an excuse anyway. But you know better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment