<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 02, 2005

HOBBES WAS RIGHT 

I am riveted and horrified by the news of the post-Katrina disasters. I am angry at what seems to be the poor planning, or perhaps poor execution by authorities, and the failure to prevent what is becoming a Southern hellhole. I don't even know anyone from the affected area. If I'm angry, I can't imagine how someone closer to the catastrophe feels.

What good has the wake-up call of 9/11 been? Where has the money we've poured into preparedness efforts gone if this is the result? How can the residents of any city or town feel at all safe if this most predictable disaster has caused such havoc?

If someone told me I was to be punished for some infraction with exile to either Baghdad or New Orleans, I would choose Baghdad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment