Sunday, May 20, 2007
- The offices and bedrooms of conservatives are neat and contain cleaning supplies, calendars, postage stamps and sports-related posters.
- Righties like country music and documentaries. And they're fans of hip-hop, rap and dance music (well, U.K. Righties).
- Conservatives showed a higher tendency for lucid dreaming (being aware you're asleep).
- Kids who grow up to be conservative are whiny and insecure, and look for "reassurance provided by tradition and authority, and find it in conservative politics." They are "easily offended" and "uncomfortable with uncertainty." They also had secure childhoods with strong attachments to one or both parents, and low stress.
- The offices and bedrooms of liberals are bold-colored, cluttered rooms with art supplies, lots of books, jazz CDs and travel documents.
- Liberals are restless sleepers and have a higher number of bizarre, surreal dreams -- including fantasy settings and a wide variety of sexual encounters. They also have more nightmares that conservatives (though conservatives had more when Clinton was in the White .
- Kids who grow up to be liberal are confident and eager to explore alternatives to the way things are. They are "energetic" and "self-reliant." They also had stressful childhoods and weaker attachments to their parents.