<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 04, 2004

THIS IS HOW TO CELEBRATE THE 4TH, MITCH 

As the 7 year old explains primly: "it's the birthday party for the United States of America." She's hard at work putting together a party with the neighborhood kids right now. They've all ransacked the house for anything festive in red white and blue and come up with an armload of ribbons, paper and, inexplicably, one My Little Pony plastic tablecloth.

Tonight the Warrior Monk has promised to set off fireworks while everyone watches and applauds wildly from the deck. I grew up in a Fireworks Verboten state so I am amazed and thrilled by store-bought fireworks and expect to exclaim over and over again: "how can these be legal?!"

I had a birthday recently too. I am not that old yet but figure I need to practice the aged art of repeating myself and annoying my children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment