<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

RAISING THE BAR 

From Sheetrock & Shellac:
Ray [who owned an excavating business] had mixed feelings about [his six year old son's fascination with equipment catalogs] ... Nevertheless, every so often he would take his son to a flat area near his home and let him spend a couple hours digging a real hole with a real backhoe while Ray sat on a rock and watched. This made his son one of the three or four happiest six-year-olds in the world, and made me feel like a bad father. Fortunately, my son never found out.
Fortunately, I am not prone to parental guilt. And fortunately, I do not have a son. And although my five year old daughter might be interested, I have no intention of sharing the possibility of real backhoe games with her. But it does sound cool, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment